Find the Root of the Problem
Most of us solve simple problems on the fly, but what if the problem is more complex or impacts multiple people/departments? There may be a need for an immediate short-term fix, while root cause is further explored and measures are put in place to ensure long-term success!
Attendees will be introduced to an 8-step model for problem solving and will work in virtual breakout teams to complete a root cause analysis worksheet to brainstorm potential causes for a case study problem. Various methods for conducting root cause analysis will be reviewed; primarily 5 why’s, fishbone, and failure modes & effects analysis (FMEA).
As a result of participating in this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Apply a consistent approach to problem solving, using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDAC) model
- Recognize and apply different approaches to solving for root cause
- Recognize methods for verifying solution effectiveness and standardizing success
Upcoming Problem Solving Analysis Sessions
Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis – Workshop
DescriptionMost of us solve simple problems on the fly, but what if the problem is more complex or impacts multiple people/departments? This workshop reviews an established methodology for determining root cause and solving even the most challenging problems. In this session, participants will:
- Recall and describe each step of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) problem-solving model
- Apply the DMAIC problem-solving model
- Recognize common problem-solving tools
- Create a process failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
Thursday, May 19, 2022 Session, Tuesday, May 24, 2022 Session, Thursday, June 2, 2022 Session, Tuesday, June 7, 2022 Session